Turf and Artificial Turf
Decks, Pergolas Screens, Fencing
Everyone wants a beautifully landscaped yard. Most don’t know how to achieve it or think that it’s out of their budget. Maberley Landscapes has been helping homeowners and businesses plan and implement incredible landscape design on the Mornington Peninsula for over six years. Owner Heath Rankin knows how to help you create the garden of your dreams, whether you need earth moving, decking, pavers, retaining walls, or fencing. We’ll walk your yard with you and come up with a design you’ll love that fits your vision and your budget. We have the experience, tools, and skill to make sure you’re satisfied. You’ll get personal attention and a custom-designed yard you’ll be proud to show off.
Five Tips for Great Landscape and Garden Design in Mornington Peninsula
It’s not as complicated as you think to come up with great landscape and garden design for your Mornington Peninsula home. Here are a few tips to help you plan.
- Observe. Take note of the sun at various times of day, in different seasons, and from which direction the wind usually blows. This will help you decide where to put certain features like patios, walkways, and garden beds. You’ll also need to know where the sun hits to choose the best plants for each area.
- Lines. Lines are found everywhere in nature, from straight stalks of wheat to the gently curving petals of a daisy. You can use lines when deciding where to place garden elements. Curves are perfect for flower beds in an informal garden, and you can use straight lines to help bring attention to your focal point. Speaking of which…
- Focal point. This can be anything from a majestic tree to a structure like a pergola or garden swing. A focal point draws your attention and provides a sense of proportion.
- Colour. This is the part where you can go crazy or subdued; it’s all up to you. Do you prefer dainty pastels, or large, vivid blossoms? A bright splash of paint on a fence, or earth tones everywhere? You can do anything you want, and combining the bold and the gentle can make for a very interesting garden.
- Scale. Playing with scale can be fun, just remember to step back and get the big picture. Are you planning to put petite shrubs by a large tree? You may want to consider putting them in a better spot where they will not be overwhelmed.
A Yard You Can Truly Enjoy
No matter the size or terrain of your yard, Maberley’s landscape designers in Mornington Peninsula will show you all the options you have. Whether you want a large deck, or multiple pathways winding among flower beds, we can create something special for your home. We’re sure you’ll be amazed at the possibilities.
For more information on landscape and garden design on Mornington Peninsula, call us on 0405 182 658 or fill out our Contact form. We can’t wait to get you started on the garden of your dreams.